 Local / United States / Illinois / Chicago / 69
68  |  70
Subject:
Chicago LIC Grand Opening Review
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.il.chi
Date:
Sun, 12 Nov 2000 23:13:28 GMT

I went today to the grand opening of the store and here is my review of it.

1) Its small compared to the one in Mall of America
2) They have a nice diaply promoting the STUDIO LEGO SET.
     This diaply shows the sears tower and Northdrom (LIC is inside the
northdstom building)  The street (michigan ave) is a "disater" because a
giant and I mean giant lizard is running wild in downtown chicago.  I'll
post pictures of what I took soon to my website
(http://www.geocities.com/jedi_agh)
3) On the front side of the display they got a mini-figigure of a camera
man, a director and the head of the lizard sticking out.  They also got a
black/grey skelton of a lizard on the front end of the store.  Inside the
store you got all the lego toys that are in other stores plus those found
only in the catalog.  The prices are higher than both other stores (TRU,
target, etc.) and the catalog prices. =(

4. On the front entrance to the store they have a nice diapy of a spider,
some mice, a skeleton trapped inside a spider, a mummy, and a buisness man
sitting on a bench (you can sit next to him).  On the other side of the mall
there is an old lady sitting on a bench too.

5. They were giving out to kids a yellow lego brick (2 x 2 x 4 high) with
the word LEGO on it.