 Local / United States / Illinois / Chicago / 28
27  |  29
Subject:
Chicago Legofest/Museum of Science and Industry Mindstorms event Dec 4
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.org.us
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 00:46:54 GMT

Well, there's been a little interest in the Chicago Legofest idea.  Its been
brought to my attention as well that the Museum of Science and Industry is
having a Mindstorms robotics competition on December 4th.  It would be a good
idea to couple that event with a Legofest so people can plan to spend a
weekend in the area if possible.

My thoughts on a Legofest would be Friday December 3rd, either at Wheaton
Academy or my house in Wheaton.  Wheaton Academy is my high school (small
private school, gorgeous new facility) and we could meet in the atrium
provided it was given to us to use for free.  It would be a nice place to hold
an event like this in the daytime to late afternoon or evening.  If we can't
get that facility, I could try to work my parents enough to allow us to use my
house for a Legofest.  Its not huge, but adequate for 15-20 people to come and
hang out.  That's not a definite thing because of all the cleaning and
persuading that has to go on in order to get the house for use :)

Anyways, again, if people are interested, lets get a general head count and an
idea of what you all want to do.  I tried to get more info on the event at
MSI, but there was none on their website.  If anyone has any additional info,
please post it.

-Tim