 Local / United States / Illinois / 245
Re: NILTC first show a success!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.niltc, lugnet.loc.us.il
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 17:07:46 GMT

IE centric site again... When will people learn IE is NOT the only browser out
there....
sites should always be checked in other browsers to be sure they work...

Tamy

Tim Courtney wrote:

The Northern Illinois LEGO Train Club's show this weekend at High Wheeler
'02 went great!!  Here are some links to pictures taken by Eric Wackerfuss,
one of our newest members, he joined the club at the show.

http://www.houseofwacks.org/LEGO/High_Wheeler_3-02/
http://www.houseofwacks.org/LEGO/High_Wheeler_3-03/

There will be more pictures coming soon as people start uploading them to
the club BrickShelf folder.  We will also have links to pictures posted on
our website soon.  For now the site is at www.zacktron.com/niltc/ but it
will soon be moved to www.niltc.org - we own the domain name but no web
space to host it at yet.

The show was fun, but it took a tremendous amount of energy to set up.  We
also had to deal with a no-show that made us short a module, but thanks to
Ondrew and Brian's quick thinking by stretching track at the corners and
building ZNAP bridges on the fly :-)

The crowd was amazing, we were very popular there and people could hardly
believe it was all LEGO.

Some highlights to look for in pictures are - a blue Harry Potter monster
about to eat a cat, the Super Conductor (coined by Matt Gerber, I think)
character from LEGO Loco dangling by a chain, a film crew shooting an
accident scene, a jumper, a guy changing his bike tire, a couple guys
sitting on top of an office building making a deal (hint, cash tiles), a
Skeleton Crew on a train, Junkbot from LEGO.com, a guy with a LUGNET
t-shirt, and more!!

So its official, we're a real club and not just a club in our minds :-)  And
we're growing, we proably gained 2-4 members at the show!!  There will be a
small show (Brian and Ondrew's stuff) in two weeks in LaGrange (more to
come), and we also have a show planned for June and are getting the details
ironed out.

If you're in the Chicago area, there's no excuse NOT to join NILTC!!  Its
great fun. :-D

-Tim