 Local / United States / Georgia / Atlanta / 34
Re: Who's making the midnight run on Sunday/Monday?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ga.atl
Date:
Tue, 4 May 1999 02:38:20 GMT

Indeed!  It was still worth going to TRU last night.  It was amusing to watch
everyone jockeying for position, clawing through the crowd to grab anything they
could.  I would not have missed it!

Fortunately for me, almost everyone else was interested in the Hasbro toys, not
the Lego, so I was able to casually stroll in and pick up the sets I wanted.
Just for the hell of it, I did pick up Darth Maul and Battledroid action
figures.

I decided against the Mos Espa Pod Race and the Sith Infiltrator at the time.  I
think the pod racers don't translate well to toys (all the fake looking
framework) and the Infiltrator looks kind of crappy to me.  Have you assembled
the sets yet?  Have an opinion?

Greg

Greg Williams wrote:

I decided to sleep and stop at a Wal-Mart on my way in to work.  I ended up
having to go two different ones because I forgot to get a Sith Infiltrator at
the first stop.  The second Wal-Mart (the one on Ashford-Dunwoody) has two isles
dedicated to Star Wars toys.  Quite an amazing display.

As I suspected, most stores were holding back all their Star Wars Lego for
today, because all sets are now available.  I expect just about every toy store
has them in stock now.

"G. Crisp" wrote:

I'm heading for the TRU in Kennesaw, near Town Center Mall, around 11:30 on
Sunday night to observe the feeding frenzy, and hopefully pick up some Episode
One Lego.  Anyone else from Lugnet care to join me?  It could be fun!

I'm really enjoying all the hype for the new Star Wars movie.  I haven't been
looking forward to something this much since I was a kid, with the possible the
exception of Terminator 2.

If anyone wants to join in the fun, look for me.  I'll be wearing a yellow ISS
shirt, and maybe a green hat.

Greg
--

G. Crisp - gcrisp@mindspring.com