 Local / United States / Georgia / *422 (-10)
Subject:
What are the full addresses to the Atlanta stores?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ga.atl
Date:
Wed, 10 May 2006 02:47:42 GMT

I'll be up in Atlanta in about 3 weeks for the weekend, but won't have
much time to hit Lego.  I'd like to have the 2 stores programmed into my
NAV so I know which I might be closer to depending on where I am when I
find the time.

I have the following:

LEGO® Outlet
Discover Mills
Lawrenceville, GA, USA
5900 Sugarloaf Parkway
Suite 609
Lawrenceville, GA 30042
USA
Phone: (678) 847-6078

Dawsonville store (official name of store and mall??)
800 HIGHWAY 400
Suite 1050
Dawsonville, GA 30534
706/216-2800

Are these currently correct?

--
Tom Stangl
* http://www.vfaq.com/

Subject:
It's meetin' time...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.dixielug, lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.loc.us.ga.atl, lugnet.loc.us.tn, lugnet.loc.us.tn.cha, lugnet.loc.us.al, lugnet.loc.us.sc
Date:
Wed, 15 Feb 2006 20:57:49 GMT

Looks like I will be hosting the next DixieLUG meeting at my home in Marietta, GA on Saturday March 4, 2006.

DATE: Saturday, 4 March 2006 TIME: 1:00pm - 5:00pm (Eastern Standard Time, for those of you in AL) PLACE: Jason’s House (2421 Prince Howard Trail, Marietta, GA 30062)

Current plans for the gathering include:
  1. Bring any MOCs you want to show off (moonbases, etc).
  2. Planning for the upcomming BrickSouth & FFL Event
  3. Maybe another ‘part out’ of a set?
  4. Miscellaneous brick sorting/trading/etc.
  5. Dinner out afterwards, TBD
Others are welcome to follow up on this thread withanything else

Subject:
NGLTC LEGO tree at the Festival of Trees
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ga
Date:
Thu, 1 Dec 2005 12:42:32 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

For the past 4 years the North Georgia LEGO Train Club (NGLTC) has sponsored a display at the Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta’s Festival of Trees. This is an event that consists of hundreds of decorated Christmas trees, wreaths, events, rides and various other displays. To help make our tree special each year we have incorporated the help of the patients of CHOA to actually build the LEGO ornaments that are displayed on our tree.

This year is our 5th year of being a part of the Festival of Trees and I wanted to make it stand out from all of our previous displays. So in order to “step it up a notch” not only are the ornaments made out of LEGO but the entire tree is made from LEGO elements. The tree stands just under 9’ tall with a base of 6’ wide, there are approximately 23,000 green bricks and plates that make up the actual tree. The tree is built around a steel frame so that it can stand strong and hold the weight of the heavy branches. The branches can be removed for transporting the tree. Very little glue is involved, only on the trunk of the branches themselves, all the needles are unglued.

Along with the LEGO tree we have four table top trees, these are 4’ tall artificial trees each decorated with ornaments made by different children’s groups. CHOA patients, 3rd grade elementary school class, Girl Scout / Browne troop & 1st – 5th grade Sunday school class each helped contribute to the table top trees as well as the main tree.

You can see some pictures of our display from yesterday’s setup.

jt

Subject:
NGLTC building session at Egleston children’s hospital
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ga
Date:
Mon, 14 Nov 2005 13:00:32 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

The North Georgia LEGO Train Club (NGLTC) visited the Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta at Egleston. For the fifth year in a row the NGLTC held our annual Christmas ornament building session with patients of CHOA. The children are helping make ornaments for the display being put on by the NGLTC at the CHOA’s Festival of Trees. The tree display will include trees decorated with ornaments made by the patients as well as many other local children. These trees are then auctioned off to help raise money for the CHOA system.

The building session was a big success this year we had over 25 patients come and help put together ornaments of all shapes and sizes. Not only do the patients enjoy building with the LEGO but the entire family is encouraged to contribute. This is a nice way to break up the day for children who have to spend time at Egleston children’s hospital. It gives them a time to be kids and not have to think about all the treatments and test they are undergoing.

The kids are a great help every year in contributing ornaments to the NGLTC tree. We do make sure that no one goes home empty handed so each patient that helped was given their choice of LEGO sets to take back to their room and continue the LEGO building.

You can see pictures of all the fun here http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=153941

jt

Subject:
(Non-Lego) - Can someone get something from Ikea for me and ship it?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ga.atl
Date:
Thu, 29 Sep 2005 17:15:19 GMT

Ikea unfortunately does not ship, and I can't see an 8 hour drive each
way for $40 worth of stuff, but I need some curtain hanging items that
just don't seem to exist anywhere else.

Is there anyone near the Ikea in Atlanta that can pick some parts up for
me and ship them?   They should probably pack into a Priority Mail box
pretty easily.

I need
two of:
http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10101&storeId=12&langId=-1&productId=41229
two of:
http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10101&storeId=12&langId=-1&productId=41222
and three of:
http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10101&storeId=12&langId=-1&productId=41218

I can PayPal if anyone can do this for me.  Please let me know if you
can, before picking anything up, thanks.

Subject:
Buzz! Sting 'em!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.loc.us.ga.atl, lugnet.build.mosaic
Date:
Tue, 13 Sep 2005 02:15:42 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Announcing Buzz, the wily mascot from Georgia Tech:

I made this for my wife’s 30th birthday last February. I guess I hadn’t gotten around to uploading the pictures. Anyway, this creation was made with the help of Bricksaic. Many thanks to Bob Kojima for that program!

-Alfred

Subject:
DixieLUG and NGLTC at FFL on Saturday April 23, 2005
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.loc.us.ga.atl, lugnet.org.us.dixielug
Date:
Wed, 20 Apr 2005 00:18:36 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

DixieLUG, NGLTC, and others will be displaying at the FIRST LEGO League National Championship Event this Saturday at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, GA.

We will be set up in the lobby/foyer area of the event from about 7am until about 3pm. The event is open to the public but I’m unsure if there is any admission fee.

A little birdie also told me that this event is also attracting such people as Soren Torp Larsen and Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen himself!

Directions to the GWCC at: http://www.gwcc.com/maps/maps.html

More info on the FLL World Festival: http://www.firstlegoleague.org/default.aspx?pid=13390

Hope to see you there!

Subject:
Buzz, the Georgia Tech Yellow Jacket!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.sports
Date:
Mon, 11 Apr 2005 23:03:16 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

That’s right, Buzz in minifig form!

The only thing I wanted to add was his Converse high-tops...

John Riley

MS in Materials Science, May 2005

Subject:
NGLTC past weekend at Greenberg Toy & Train Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ga
Date:
Mon, 11 Apr 2005 14:53:24 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

This past weekend (April 9,10) the North Georgia LEGO Train Club (NGLTC) presented a layout at the Atlanta Greenberg Toy & Train show.

Our layout was a 20’x25’ layout including a kids play area and Rail Racers set up.

This was one our most animated layouts to date, not only did we have the running trains and monorail there were lots of little goodies on the layout. We had all of Mark Staffa’s great fair ground items that amazed the crowds as always,

plus a copy of Jason Allemann motorized cows (that were a variation of Erik Amzallag’s cows)

and our ever hard working landscaper, but he never got more grass cut than the single circle

There were also all the great MOC buildings and other structures:

We did have a couple of vandals “mark” one of our buildings but the local police will had to take care of them (must be some kind of code word or something)

For all the pictures from the show you can see them in my Brickshelf gallery

jt

James J. Trobaugh

North Georgia LEGO Train Club

Subject:
Discover Mills Sales & PAB List
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ga
Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2005 18:38:33 GMT
(canceled)

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact