 Local / United States / Washington, D.C. / 23
Update: Anime at the Freer's Gallery
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.dc, lugnet.loc.us.md, lugnet.loc.us.va
Date:
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 18:46:48 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.dc, Jeff Stembel writes:
This was posted to the Otakon Mailing list a couple weeks ago, and I just
remembered it.  I will be going to all of these, so if ya wanna say hi, just
e-mail me.  Also, I called about the tickets and found out that they start
giving them away an hour before the show starts.  The lady on the phone said
it has been extremely popular, and suggested arriving early.  Only two tickets
per person, and the auditorium only holds 320 people.

Jeff

Well, I got there at about 12:30, and there were already about 60-100 people,
so I guess I'll have to go a little earlier next time.  :)  Anyways, I saw
Nausicaä, and it was great, despite a poor sub.  Anyways, I picked up a
September/October calender, and Suprise!  There is more playing than I thought!
Here is an updated list (I'll update for November as soon as that information
becomes available to me):

J = Subtitled
E = Dubbed
A = Unsuitable for young children
F = Suitable for Families and young children

~ History of Japanese Animation, Part I and II
  Fri 10/1, 7pm; 122 mins, (J/A)

~ My Neighbor Totoro
  Sat 10/2, 2pm; 87 mins, (E/F)

~ Short Films for Children (Five Assorted Short Films)
  Sun 10/3, 2pm; 95 mins, (J/F)

~ Experimental Shorts (Seven Assorted Short Films)
  Fri 10/15, 7pm; 85 mins, (J/A)

~ Princess Mononoke
  Sat 10/16, 2pm; 133 mins, (E/A)
  *Two Weeks before its Theatrical Premiere!  Get there really early!

~ The Prince of the Sun
  Sun 10/17, 3:30pm; 88 mins, (J/F)

~ Black Jack
  Sat 10/30, 2pm; 93 mins, (E/A)

Known November films:
~ Grave of the Fireflies
  Sun 11/14, 3:30pm
~ Castle in the Sky
  Sat 11/20, 2pm

Freer's Gallery of Art's Meyer Auditorium, 12th and Jefferson Drive SW.
Free (202) 357-2700

[Cross-posted to .us.md and .us.va just in case]