 Local / United States / California / San Francisco / San Jose / 90
Re: Sale at Gilroy Outlets a Bust for Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj
Date:
Sun, 2 Jul 2000 00:50:28 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj, Ran Talbott writes:

I don't know whether it's on
"selected merchandise",  70% off the already-discounted prices,  etc.

Just got back:  it's "up to" 70% off "list" on "selected" merchandise,  and
not all stores are participating.

Nothing new,  or especially exciting,  at the KayBee outlet,  in the last
couple of weeks.  Not in the Lego department,  at least:  they're blowing
out some Star Wars and Star Trek toys and models,  if you have children
who have not yet managed to collect the entire population of Tattooine in
triplicate.

I did stop at the WallyWorld next door to the mall:  the 6180s are all gone.
No visible signs of anything else on sale.

On the way home,  I stopped at the K-Mart and Target in Morgan Hill.

K-Mart had a few copies of <set:4950> and one <set:4940> at about 1/3 off.
And a few <set:6033> at not quite half off.  This is *after* applying a
20% additional discount on clearance toys.

Target has one <set:5976> and a few <set:5986> at their 30% off clearance.
Also a couple of 6600s at $40.  Oh,  and one <set:3053>

That may be the last discounted 5976 left in the South Bay,  but they
under half price at the Legoland tent sale.

I decided to pick up a couple of Nerf dart guns to try out,  instead  ;-)

Ran