 Local / United States / California / San Francisco / San Jose / 85
84  |  86
Subject:
Our BayLTC Layout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.oak, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 23:34:05 GMT

Thanks to everyone involved in making our BayLTC layout something of which we
can be proud. In these few days before Kidvention, our layout will be in a
place that kids have been dreaming about for years: Legoland! This isn't just
a place at some event center for an afternoon sponsored by Lego.. this is
magnitudes closer to ABS heaven, perhaps even closer to arranging compacts
with Lego itself regarding direct help parts to build layouts.

You may have been there before, because you're a maniac and you're even
willing to risk buying stuff on eBay, but the park is growing in popularity as
more parents are taking notice. This time around, during the park's second
summer, there'll be people there that aren't just ultra-fans like the kind
that *must* attend a movie on opening night. Every non-maniac to whom I've
mentioned our good situation at the park has either offered congratulations,
or has expressed something from a "wow" to a "cool!"

Our layout will be next to one of the great ones, a yardstick by which to also
measure our progress (and perhaps to either steal ideas and/or grab some great
inspiration :-). And speaking of inspiration, what someone sees of our
creations may inspire them to start their own LUG. Our group effort, in making
our layout what it is, will clearly been seen.

The question is, will we be asked back? Wouldn't we love to be?

Mike P needs our direct help. Please.

-Tom McD.
I'll be at Poindexter's on 7/5 - 6