 Local / United States / California / San Francisco / Oakland / 39
Re: Our BayLTC Layout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.oak, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf.sj
Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 08:43:08 GMT

I will TRY to come down.  Unfortunately, I lost the transmission in my one
trustworthy car this weekend, and am scrambling to gather parts to toss together
a spare tranny and get it into the car.  IF I get it in next week, and IF that
spare tranny seems trustworthy, I will head down for at least a day or 2 somehow
before Kidvention.  If possible, I will try to head down 7/6 and stick around
your place until 7/11 (depends on how my plans up here go).

Please DO let me know if you want me to build my warehouse - if so, let me know
the space available for it (it can be HUGE, I now have 60+ doors to pick from),
and I'll stay up a few nights during the weeks ahead and get it done early, so I
can take pics and post them for you to see what it will look like.  And let me
know if there are any other things you need built, and what size plates they
should go on - I could easily throw together a gas station, repair garage,
police station, or firestation, any of which could take up 16x32 up to 48x48 or
larger if need be (a REAL firestation would take at least a 32x48 anyways).

I will be bringing whatever buildings are needed, plus a 12 car or larger grey
Metroliner, and a 5-8 car black Metroliner to run on either/both our and GMLTC's
layouts.  I can also throw together 5-10 tank cars of various types if needed.

Mike Poindexter wrote:

Tom McDonald <radiotitan@yanospamhoo.com> wrote in message
Mike P needs our direct help. Please.

-Tom McD.
I'll be at Poindexter's on 7/5 - 6

Thanks, Tom.  Yes, I am in dire need of help.  As it stands, it is looking
like a near impossibility to meet the Legoland deadline for my layout.  With
work piling up onto my plate, it is cutting into the amount of time I can
devote to Lego.  I would like to thank Paul Sinasohn and Aaron Hines, who
each have come out to help build.  If anybody would like to lend a hand, I
could use it.  I will be building every weekend until late July, when I must
go on a business trip.  I would like to have the NMRA layout done by then.
Of course, that is priority #2 to the Legoland layout.

If anybody would like to come down, just drop me an email and let me know
when.

Thanks,
Mike

--