Re: NMRA Details
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 06:28:42 GMT

From: lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf@lugnet.com (Mike Poindexter)
Subject: NMRA Details
Date: Sun, Jul 30, 2000, 5:50 PM

The final details for the NMRA show are falling into place, but I have had a
snag - my grandmother passed away and the funeral along with family issues
are taking an even greater toll, so it is unlikely that I will be able to
make it up on Friday to man the display.  Here is our itenerary:

Sorry to hear about it.

Here is what we need:

Somebody who can transport our layout materials to the Convention Center on
Thursday.  I will meet them Wednesday Night to drop off the layout.

We also need people who can help set up the layout on Thurday.  This is at
least a 2 person job, as one person cannot put together the tables without
losing their sanity.

Finally, we need somebody who can man the display on Friday.

I will be able to be at the show all day on Saturday and Sunday, but I will
not be able to help at all during the week. Do we have to be members of the
NMRA to get in? I am a member, but I lost my membership card. How will we be
recognized as exibitors when we arrive? Are we to arrive when the doors
open, or sooner?

If anybody else has things they would like to put on display, speak up.  If
we have too much, we can always rotate what we have on the tables during the
day.  I know there are others who planned on having things displayed, but I
didn't want to speak for you and wind up eating spamcake.

I have had no time to build buldings. I can bring all of rolling stock, and
we can see which of them would fit in.

Also, if people have some straight track or some switches, I am sure that I
will not have enough to supply the entire layout.  I don't know how much
spare track Tom Stangl and Zonker have.

I barely have enough track for an oval.

Russell Clark, BayLUG/BayLTC
http://baylug.org/russellc/