Subject:
BayLTC Train Layout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Sun, 2 Jul 2000 05:14:18 GMT

Well, it has been some time since I posted, so here is an update:

Zonker and Paul Sinasohn just left after both spending the entire day working
on modules.  We all worked for about 8-9 hours on them and got the equivalent
of a little more than one module done, as we got the rear town corners to
about 60% completion (one was about 20% and another hadn't been started) and a
rear middle module to about 90% (started at 70%).

This is the second time Paul has come down and it was great to have him and
also to see Zonker come out for a good building session.  It still looks like
a tough time to make the layout ready for the Legoland convention, as I am now
starting to run low on 2x4 bricks in certain colors.  I have more, but that
means more time sorting, which takes away time building.

Perhaps I will get some further good progress when Tim Courtney comes down.
Really, the layout should have been a few days further along, but I missed
some time to work on it when my wife's horse decided to kick me in the head
twice the other day, sending me to the hospital.  Although I am fine now, it
is lost building time that I can't make up.

Zonker took numerous pictures of the building we did and the modules in
several stages of construction and will likely post them soon to the
Baylug.org site.

My best guess makes me feel like getting the Layout ready for Carlsbad is now
about 1 in 20.  On a brighter note, I am now ahead of schedule for the NMRA
convention, which should give me more time to work on structures.

If people want to see the BayLTC train layout, it will be on display to all
who come down to my house and build.  Everyone else must most likely wait
until the NMRA show in August to see it in action.  I will still keep working
on it in hopes of still making the deadline and will make another update if
things look better.

Mike Poindexter