Re: proposal: sever lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf and ba-lego mailing list
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 08:47:01 GMT

From: Eric McCarthy <eric@reasoning.com>
Date: Tue, Feb 29, 2000, 12:00 PM

Now that you can get Lugnet newsgroup messages by email
is there any need to forward messages between lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
and ba-lego?  I think the two forums can have different uses.
Ba-lego should be local news that is not appropriate to
post to the whole world.  lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf is appropriate
for messages that are appropriate to post to the whole world.

I think part of the problem with lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
being connected with ba-lego is the
"recent messages from all newsgroups" feature on the middle
right side of the main LUGNET page.  There have been a few
drive-by replies that I did not think were appropriate
and would not have happened without that feature.

I propose to sever that connection.  Is there any support
at all for this proposal?  If I get some support, I'll
call for votes.  Any opinions?

I agree. The link should be severed. There have been some threads lately
that were not meant for the public world to see. It would be nice to have a
fairly private mailing list again.

Russell Clark
http://baylug.org/russellc/
http://www.lugnet.com/people/members/?m=130