Re: Proposal for a Bay Area user group
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 19:59:32 GMT

Quarterly Meets
February - free for all - This would be like our meet in San Francisco. It
would be a general get together with displays. This is when the swap meet
should be. It also allows members to show off Christmas gifts and brag.
May - Space / Aquazone - This would be a space / aquazone based meet. We can
have set-ups and displays.
Those who are interested in these areas would be responsible for planning
the meet. This would include finding a meeting place, arranging the time and
date, and preparing for any activities and refreshments.

I would be happy to volunteer my apartment for either of these events.  I
already have a sizeable display of Space themes going.  Out of my collection
of pieces I've been able to reassemble just about every sub-theme except for
Futuron (LOTS of sets!) and Mtron (it will be awhile before I can afford a
Mega Core Magnetizer).  However, I've got a pretty good little museum type
display going which I'm sure other Lego fans would love to see.  I would
LOVE to have another swap meet since we really didn't get to take advantage
of it last time, although that kid got pretty lucky!

Dave