Re: Next BayLUG Meeting / First BayLTC Meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 03:15:10 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, Russell Clark writes:
From: lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf@lugnet.com (Tom McDonald)
Subject: Re: Next BayLUG Meeting / First BayLTC Meeting
Date: Sun, Feb 6, 2000, 5:48 PM

More likely, our debate will be over module depth

Okay: who wants to be the first to build a subway Russell? :-) At least we'd
have a place for any RockRaiders stuff too... ;-)

A subway? Hmm, I'll get right on it as soon as I find a cheap Airpot
monorail for the basis. :)
But does he mean depth by distance away from observer or actual depth from
top to bottom?

Russell Clark
http://baylug.org/russellc/
http://www.lugnet.com/people/members/?m=130
ICQ: 39423705

Well, for depth, I refer to how far from the observer a module is.  Height
would be how deep from top to bottom.  I know it is kind of ambiguous, but we
will get it described correctly when we determine dimensions.

I already built a subway in the two modules I made.  If you saw the one module
I brought to the 2nd BAYLUG meeting, you saw how the train actually ran below
the street level.  I will be trying to keep a dual subway line running through
all the town modules I build, if I can work out how.

Mike Poindexter