Re: Shut out at Target!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 18:40:31 GMT

Last night I got the last droid development kit ($59), and the last 4561 from
either hillsboro (OR) target.  the 4561 was still at $77.90, but was partially
opened.  I cornered an asst. manager and asked about further discounting since
it was open and i could not tell what may be missing.  he marked it down to
$35.94.  once i got it open i found every thing still sealed, and the only
thing missing was 5 pieces of curved track.  not too bad a deal.

there must be something about 5 missing pieces of curved track.

david

In lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, Tom Stangl writes:
Sat night at the Milp Target, I got the last 4561 they had - it was obviously
a return, there were lots of things missing, and all the bags were open.  I
talked them down to $38.03, because I THOUGHT the engine was missing.  After
getting home and rooting through the box, the engine was there!  It was
missing 5 curved and both straight tracks, and about 10 pieces from one car,
but the other car, engine, and green truck were complete, and it had the
regulator and power supply.  It was missing almost everything from the
platform (except for the platform itself), and missing the 2 autos.  But I'm
happy with the buy, it's a cheap upgrade of my currently built 4561.  I'm
ordering the few parts needed to complete the one car from Consumer Affairs
(I told them I did buy it on clearance and fully expect to pay for the
parts).