Re: Shut out at Target!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 18:21:25 GMT

Sat night at the Milp Target, I got the last 4561 they had - it was obviously
a return, there were lots of things missing, and all the bags were open.  I
talked them down to $38.03, because I THOUGHT the engine was missing.  After
getting home and rooting through the box, the engine was there!  It was
missing 5 curved and both straight tracks, and about 10 pieces from one car,
but the other car, engine, and green truck were complete, and it had the
regulator and power supply.  It was missing almost everything from the
platform (except for the platform itself), and missing the 2 autos.  But I'm
happy with the buy, it's a cheap upgrade of my currently built 4561.  I'm
ordering the few parts needed to complete the one car from Consumer Affairs
(I told them I did buy it on clearance and fully expect to pay for the
parts).

Now I have to pull out my foldup table, and figure out how much extra track
to buy to build a side track to swap trains on the main loop - my 4565 and
4561 are getting pretty long.  Once I have a 4558 (which I can quickly build
to 10 cars long), I'll need an inner loop, more switches and crosstrack, and
tons more track.  Then I get to start building the industrial depot ;-)

Yifun wrote:

When I bought one 4561 on Saturday morning (in Milpitas), there is still
two copies of 4561 left... I shoulda grab those two as well :(

on Sunday the Target at Morgan hill has a copy of 5988 at 47, and the
driod development kit at $49 (I think, it's really cheap, and I was
thinking should I need a second R2D2), but when I turn around, someone
grabbed that and left...

nada in Cupertino Target. it looks like Target in general (in this area)
is lacking Lego big time..