Subject:
NMRA San Jose in Y2K
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 20:16:08 GMT

I have been placed on the waiting list for the NMRA Convention in San Jose.
The show will take place Friday, August 4th through Sunday, August 6th.  I
told the layout coordinator that it was a Lego Train layout and got this
response:

[snipped for brevity]

We try to have a variety of layouts.  Most will be
highly detailed, scale models.  But we also have Lionel and American Flier
layouts.  We had our first Lego layout last year in St. Paul and it was a
hit with the general public.  I will do what I can to get yours into the
Show in san Jose.

----
So prospects look good for getting a space, in my optomistic opinion.

If anyone in the area wants to help out/display in the show, please get in
touch with me.  Depending on the amount of help I can get from my SLSO (Semi-
Lego Significant Other) and other AFOLS, I plan to have between 6 and 10
modules to add to any that other people will be able to bring.

I will be running GMLTC style modules on 29.75' tall tables.  I believe that
the track height is only 1.4 inches higher than the PNLTC style tables, so a
transition will not be very difficult to do for anyone running that style of
table.  According to my calculations, it is less than 4 bricks, so a
transition would only take 7 track lengths, which is 35 inches and will fit on
one module.

Mike Poindexter