Subject:
Fremont meeting - Should I stay or should I go now...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 01:25:29 GMT

Zonker,

Let me know if there is going to be anyone at the Fremont meeting.  I am
currently planning on attending, but would hate to show up and be the only one.

I have been busting my butt on getting my train station closer and closer to
completion, which is difficult as it has been rebuilt twice already and never
even neared completion on the second go-around.  I am now almost as close to
complete as I was when I first converted from monorail to train and was hoping
to get to the 90% stage by the meeting.  Can I sleep at night now or just keep
on building?  I gotta know.

If there are people who are going to be there, I will make the trek and bring
a car load of trains, but as it is a 3 1/2 hour drive, I would prefer it not
to be for nothing.

Also, has there been any thought to moving the train theme to another meeting
if the other train head are not there?  I personally will probably bring
trains regardless of the theme for any meeting, since I have a one track
mind.  (Pun intended!)

Also, I am back into the module building kick for trains and would like to
know if anyone else would like to enter anything into the NMRA event in San
Jose next year.  Anyone, anyone?  Beuller?  Anyone?

Zonker, are you going to bring the Roundhouse, regardless of stage of
completion?  If so, I will bring my incomplete train station that is still
missing a few windows and doors and other parts and see if I can get some
input before I finish it.  Yeah, like I will ever get that done!  What's it
been, a year I have worked on this baby?  Sure, now I'll build it in one
night, just like the Romans did.  (You know Rome wasn't built during the day,
don't you...)

Who else is planning on attending?

Mike Poindexter