Subject:
newspaper story...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Thu, 27 May 1999 17:54:56 GMT

  I got back to the Fremont area near 11 p.m. last night.
I found many empty ARGUS Newsstands. However, I did find
a few that still had the 'window copy', so I bought the
last copy from 10 stands. Let me know if you want a copy.
(Club members will have priority access to these. ;-)

  There are two color pictures in the print version.
(Besides the child you see in the on-line version,
there is also a smaller image of one car from my 4565
train, the red/black car with the blue cement mixers.)

  I tried to find a URL for the story, to be able to
find it after Wednesday, but it fails. I'll see if I
can find a better URL. If not, I captured the text and
the one online image, and I'll see if I can get permission
to post a copy of the story on the BayLUG site.

  The story was also published in the Daily Review, which
covers mainly Hayward, Castro Valley, San Lorenzo, and San
Leandro. The Alameda Newspaper Group also publishes other
papers, but it didn't get published in the Redwood City
papers. Let me know if anyone finds it in any other areas.
(I'd really like to get a physical copy of any other paper
we appeared in. :-)

     Regards,

       -Z-     http://baylug.org    http://baylug.org/zonker