Subject:
Star Wars EP1 models spotted @ 7-11!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Fri, 21 May 1999 17:23:28 GMT

  I don't often stop by, and I've *never* seen LEGO kits in
a 7-11 store...before today.

  In Palo Alto, on Lytton Ave, east of Bryant (maybe at Waverly?),
I found 6 Lightsaber Duels, going for $6.99 each this morning.

  There don't seem to be many new parts, and the price:part-count
ratio kept me from buying more than one. Still, since this is a
low-cost way to get the bad-guy mini-fig, maybe I should have
picked up a few of them. Oh well, I build, I don't hoard...

  (On the other hand, I have also benefited from friends who bought
extra models, and then sold me a model at cost.... :-|  <Sigh>

  Hindsight is often 20-20. ;-)

       -Z-   BayLUG gathering this weekend! See http://baylug.org