Re: Planning for Zeum...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Thu, 4 Oct 2001 15:45:29 GMT

Hi,
I can supply wheels if you want, LMK what kind, sizes etc.
I'll also try to modify the flyer to suit.
Is there space for a small train oval? I still have your
track.
Mark
--- "David K. Z. Harris" <frenezulo@baylug.org> wrote:
  Well, I've bought some basic, mixed bricks (10 lbs,
from Uncle Dan. Thanks
for coming through on short notice!)

  I've been discussing some ideas for a basic 'lesson
plan' for the event on
Sunday 10/14. I'm still trying to answer this question:
"What do you want
the visitors to take away from this?" (That is, what
lesson or what
information, not what LEGO pieces... ;-)

  Paul has located some DACTA classroom lessons, and
we'll probably try
using a few of those. I'm still interested in bringing a
big model or two.

  If I can get enough wheels and axles/wheel-mounts,
maybe we can build a
modular centipede-like device...couple the wheeled
segments to an RCX
'head', and let the kids run it round the floor with the
IR Remote.

  We can't have the Z Room, but we can have the space
near the front
windows, and some table space inside.

  Roger, I'm thinking about 3-4 tables for the inner
area...maybe you could
champion the window area? How many tables do you think?

         -Z-