Re: JULY BAYLUG MEETING
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 22:35:02 GMT

"Russell Clark" <rclark@telis.org> writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, William R. Ward writes:
Well, lots of libraries have rooms like this.  I live in Santa Cruz,
and I doubt you would all like to schlep over 17 for a BayLUG meeting,
so I can't really offer much.  But I would suggest that people who
live in cities other than Fremont might check with their own
libraries, and perhaps their rooms would be more available...

I have tried calling several community centers in San Jose, but they all want a
$300-500 cleaning deposit. The only library in San Jose that I am aware of that
would have enough space for us would be the main library downtown. But I don't
know nothing about reserving space, and I don't know how many people are going
to want to try and park in downtown San Jose.

I work in Mountain View, and from the web site I find that the
Mountain View library has a room you can reserver for (IIRC) $10.
However, I have never been to said library and don't know how big it
is.  However if the last BAYLUG meeting was any indication, we didn't
use up the Fukaya room entirely, so a room somewhat smaller (but no
less than half that size) would probably do.

--Bill.

--
William R Ward        hermit@bayview.com      http://www.bayview.com/~hermit/
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."-Groucho Marx