Subject:
A splendid time was had for all!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Sun, 10 Dec 2000 10:49:27 GMT

Hey everybody!

I just wanted to say what a great time I had at the meet.  Lots of new faces
as well as many familiar ones.  Quite a large amount of walk-ins, too!  I
think next time we may want to consider keeping a tighter lid on allowing
the public in early so that trades, deals, and grazing through Uncle Dan's
heaping mounds o' bricks can pretty much finished up.  It was difficult at
times for me to make sure that the kids weren't kitbashing my parts with
Dan's!

Other than that, it was the best meet yet.  So many memorable things, but
the most impressive thing to me this time was Derrick Bulkley's massive and
imposing crane.  WOW.  All I can say is WOW.  I think my ray gun's pretty
darn snazzy, and then here comes a true engineering marvel!  Roger Rothaar's
modular landing plates with connecting ramps were also very cool.  I'm a
sucker for Space stuff.  I also loved those spider thingies that Mark had
laid out.  I must try my hand at one of those!  It was neat to have another
reporter from the Argus there to take pictures and do interviews.  Perhaps
we'll get even more walk-ins next time with all this publicity!  Oh, and I'm
really glad everyone enjoyed my little Super 8 movie.  I will make another
one someday, I promise.  I'm just gonna need a two-garage to film it in!

I want to thank everyone with whom I bought or traded (Richard, Russell,
Tom, Mark, Uncle Dan, Paul).  I'm so jazzed to have so much great new stuff
to play with!  Gotta go sleep now, 'sides, my hands are really sore from
putting together that UCS TIE Interceptor (thanks Fred!).  'Night all, and
play well!   |-)

Dave

--
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."  - John
Lennon