Re: Talking Points
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 11:25:37 GMT

From: "David K. Z. Harris" <zonker@gnac.com>
Subject: Talking Points
Date: Mon, Aug 7, 2000, 4:39 PM

There has got to be some more whimsey in this hobby. (We were interviewed
   by the editor of the Aw Nuts! newsletter (Always whimsical, not usualy
   to scale), and he took some pictures. If it turns into an article, we'll
   post a note for folks.)

Very cool.

Some scale modelers take their hobby too seriously. (Remember that some
   of us are modeling in 7- and 8-wide formats, and I've even seen some
   pictures of 4-wide cars using HO-scale trucks...but those guys at
   LEGOLAND are *too* serious about detail! ;-)

And we don't take LEGO trains too seriously?   :)

It's so colorful. (Unusual colors? Look at the Daylight! :-)

But how many trains use purple and magenta?

Fred Yokel points out "LEGO Trains don't break, they just come
apart, and then you can put them back together"...this is a key
way to word it, so that folks don't hear "break".

Very true. Just look at the mess if an old Lionel train falls a few feet to
the floor.

Russell Clark, BayLUG/BayLTC
http://baylug.org/russellc/
http://www.lugnet.com/people/members/?m=130