RE: Talking Points
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 05:46:40 GMT

I like come-apart comment rather than breaking.
I also like the word: disassociate
:-D
I am surprised the flyers lasted almost 'till the end, but am very pleased
they helped.
I'm sorry I ONLY MADE 600 copies of the bloody things!
Wonder how much new revenue TLG will make from them?
The comment on whimsy is a good one.
While there will always be a place for locos and cars that are built to look
like prototype equipment, with LEGO, there is no reason that they HAVE TO. I
know Time Twisters are only good for parts, but we could build an
operational Time Train or similar humorous train, Like the Timmy To Prison
train or ???
Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: ba-lego@cinnamon.com [mailto:ba-lego@cinnamon.com]
Sent: Monday, August 07, 2000 4:39 PM
To: lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf@lugnet.com
Subject: Talking Points

  These comments were heard from comments from adult train enthusiasts
who visited our display, and might make for good talking
point, or maybe
be incorporated into another handout flyer...

  There has got to be some more whimsey in this hobby. (We
were interviewed
    by the editor of the Aw Nuts! newsletter (Always
whimsical, not usualy
    to scale), and he took some pictures. If it turns into an
article, we'll
    post a note for folks.)

  Some scale modelers take their hobby too seriously.
(Remember that some
    of us are modeling in 7- and 8-wide formats, and I've
even seen some
    pictures of 4-wide cars using HO-scale trucks...but those guys at
    LEGOLAND are *too* serious about detail! ;-)

  It's so colorful. (Unusual colors? Look at the Daylight! :-)

  It's *all* LEGO?!? Even the *track*?? How do you power them?

  Fred Yokel points out "LEGO Trains don't break, they just come
apart, and then you can put them back together"...this is a key
way to word it, so that folks don't hear "break".

  More talking points, anyone?

      -Z-

--
Zonker Harris  (zonkerh@corp.webtv.net, zonker@gnac.com)
GNAC Broadband Network Architect, Microsoft Broadband Deployment