 Local / United States / California / Sacramento / 25
Re: Sale at Carousel Toy and Hobby
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 12:55:40 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, Ed McGlynn writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, Maggie Cambron writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, Ed McGlynn writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, Maggie Cambron writes:

Carousel Toy and Hobby (formerly known as Bob's Toy and Hobby) at Town and
Country Center at Fulton and Marconi in Sacto is having a pre-Christmas
sale through Sunday.  Everything is at least 20% off in the store.  I hafta
admit while I didn't buy LEGO when I was there I did pick up two Playmobil
sets and a Rokenbok set (LEGO compatible!).

Hey Maggie - I'm in the area, so I'll take a drive over and check it out.
Is this the same place as http://www.carouseltoys.com  ?
They describe themselves as SacToys on El Paseo Lane.  Being from WAY out of
town, I think that's the same as Fulton and Marconi, so I'll take the
chance.  I didn't see any LEGOs listed on their website, so I hope I'm on
the right track...

Actually I think their web address is http://www.sactoys.com.

...so it is!  I guess they have both sites.

I found lots of good stuff in the toy store, but the LEGO assortment was
kinda small.  I did buy a bunch of goodies for my wife and kids, and
everything was indeed 20% off.  They were busy stocking new stuff, and the
place was stacked up with boxes and somewhat in transition.  I overheard
workers discussing a shipment request they got on the Web to Australia, and
they were searching high and low for something that was on the website, but
couldn't be found in their stockroom!  Anyway, it was a great Mom-and-Pop
toystore, and I was glad to spend a bit there to help their cause.  They had
lots of unique stuff, and good prices.  Thanks again!

You're welcome!  That last post wasn't from home so I couldn't check my
sources-- you're right they DO have both sites-- and they apparently take
online orders for people not around Sacramento.  Anyone tired of forking all
their money over to the likes of TRU, Target and Walmart should take a look,
even though their selection of other toys is better than their selection of
LEGO-- they really ARE the quintessential mom-and-pop toy store.  (They really
made a mint off of me when my kids were going through the Brio/Thomas wooden
railway stage!)

Maggie