 Local / United States / California / Los Angeles / 134
Re: Captain Ahnee and the Dipwads
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.fun, lugnet.build
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 17:09:05 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.lugola, Dave Johann writes:
This morning, I awoke to find a bunch of messages in my inbox. While this isn't
unusual, the message from Dan Jassim was. In a nutshell, he's...well, you have
to see it to believe it.

Guest appearance by Mark Sandlin.

   I've seen no negative response to this by purists (I'm about 50% purist)
but I like the way you edited your minifigs in post-production for more
facial expressions.  I think it added quite a bit.  A minifig with a
permanent smile, no matter the emotion, seems kind of mindless.
   My only criticism would be that I can't show it to my younger pals with
the language and all.  And let's face it, we always know something's going
to happen to Jar Jar, it's just a question of what...
   The green on the big carrier in the distance gave it kind of an older
look, almost like moss or tarnish ala Statue of Liberty.  I don't think that
was your intent, since it didn't look so in the closeup.
   Looking forward to seeing "Captain" Mark with the Red Muffinhead hairdo
when the 2001 sets come out...

Markus