 Local / United States / 98
Re: A rather dumb quesion...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shipping, lugnet.loc.us
Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 2000 17:01:30 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.market.shipping, Dylan Bradley writes:
Ok, I've been arguing this with several people now for 3 days, and I'm SURE
someone can answer this in a second:

What US State is abbreviated as "MN"? I originally thought it was Montana,
but was then told Minnesota. But another person said it was Maine...

MA => MAssAchusetts
MD => MarylanD
ME => MainE
MI => MIchIgan
MN => MiNNesota
MO => MissOuri
MS => MiSSiSSippi
MT => MonTana

I suppose I could have simply email the buyer or gone to the post office and
asked, but by posing it here I don't *look* like such a "Tourist" <g>

Foolishly,
        DBR

Naw, don't feel bad -- they're not all easy to remember like AZ, RI, NJ, NY,
or TX, and some of them are downright tricky!

http://www.usps.gov/ must have an official list somewhere on it.

You can also check the codes (in lowercase, but the same) at the United States
Local page on LUGNET:  http://www.lugnet.com/loc/us/

Some of the tricker ones (IMHO):

AK => AlasKa (AL is ALabama)
HI => HawaII (there is no HA)