 Local / United States / 78
Re: Deep south in March?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 19:50:27 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
"Lorbaat" <eric@nospam.thirteen.net> writes:

There's the Lego Imagination Center in Orlando, but that might be
too far out of your way.

Nah, a trip into Orlando on my way isn't out of the question.  Is LIC
a part of Disneyland?  Is there anything cool to do there, except to
shop LEGO sets?  ;-)

Would someone like to tell me aabout LIC or point me to some web-resources?

Never having been myself, I'm not the best resource.  To be honest, I thought
you already knew about it.  :D

It's in something called Downtown Disney, which is apparently a sort of
shopping center (?).  They have Lego sculptures and models and apparently some
things only available at Lego Outlets.

When you're in the French Quarter, remember: You got your shoes on
your feet.

Duh?

New Orleans in-joke.  Con artists would approach tourists and say "I'll bet you
$10 I can tell you where you got your shoes."  Thinking it unlikely, most
tourists would take the bet and loose.  To this day cryptic signs hang here and
there that say "Remember:  You got your shoes on your feet".

I used to live in New Orleans, and CNN has been showing Mardi Gras footage all
day, so I've been a little nostalgic.  :D

eric