 Local / United States / 77
Re: Deep south in March?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 19:44:09 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
"Lorbaat" <eric@nospam.thirteen.net> writes:

There's the Lego Imagination Center in Orlando, but that might be
too far out of your way.

Nah, a trip into Orlando on my way isn't out of the question.  Is LIC
a part of Disneyland?  Is there anything cool to do there, except to
shop LEGO sets?  ;-)

Would someone like to tell me aabout LIC or point me to some web-resources?

I've been there two weeks ago. It was fun, but not the best place I've ever
been to...
It's in Downtown Disney, which is part of Disneyworld but not part of the
Magic Kingdom (ie, you don't have to pay to get in :-).

I found some older belville sets there but no truly amazing finds. I liked the
featured models there - they were a lot like legoland's models, in fact some
were the exact same as models in legoland. They also have lots of displays
with older sets... I spotted a 4564 in one of them (recognized it only because
I have one ;-)
One more thing, they have places outside where you can build on tables, with
the store's lego.

-Shiri