 Local / United Kingdom / 9290
Re: Best broadband
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sat, 24 Apr 2004 09:16:02 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Steven Lane wrote:
I'm looking for a good broadband deal and I think I've found a good one, unless
any of you know better.

http://www.freeuk.net/broadband.php

Is their a better broadband deal available? This one costs between £22.99 and
£22.49 a month. Their ADSL modem package costs £100 but I think I could get one
much cheaper.

I find BT basic too basic and this provider gives you 50MB of web space that I
could use to host my Lego website.

Cheers

Steve

I'm with tiscali as you can see!  It's £19.99 a month for 512k download and 256k
upload, though the software says 589.8k!  ADSL Modem and connection are free.

In reality I've had download speeds from 30-47kb/s, depending on the time of
day.  I can't remember about webspace, but check out www.tiscali.co.uk/broadband
for details.

The 512k for £19.99 BT broadband package has a download limit on it and it's £80
for modem and connection.  I don't think mine has a limit.

Depending where you live you can get tiscali for £15.99 a month for 160k (or is
it 256k?).  I had to have the £20 one as the slower one wasn't available in my
area, but I haven't regretted it.  I just wanted to get email at home and upload
and download pictures of Lego at a reasonable speed and that's what I've got.

Mark Bellis