 Local / United Kingdom / 8998
Re: 2003 catalogue
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 10:45:02 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, David Graham writes:
At last I got my 2003 Lego catalogue.
I got it at John Lewis/Baimbridge in Newcastle - that's where
I got my first Lego train in 1985!

Just got one too.  I notice it lists RRP prices.  I wonder if Toys'R'Us are
too embarrased to carry them.  Or maybe they'll just have their own printed
again...

The new Designer sets are what we often forget what Lego is all
about, its about using your immagination to build different things,
and not just build the set on the box lid.

I think they're brilliant.  They look more versatile and certainly cheaper
than basic sets ever were, and better than any of the rival sets out there.
I hope they do really well.

Fenwicks in Newcastle had a girl demonstrating the new
basketball set she said it was more popular than the Lego football.

They had these on demo at the Meet-The-Modelmakers event at LLW.  It works
surprisingly well.  I'm even tempted to get the 2-on-2 set just for fun!

You know, I even found myself looking at Belville for useful parts - but
Jack Stone?  Nah...

Jason J Railton