 Local / United Kingdom / 8837
Re: Lego Shop MK
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 09:22:25 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, David Graham writes:
There have been various reports on the MK LEGO shop but is it an exciting
shop as it was claimed it would be.  Is it full of children buying LEGO, are
there lots of thing to see and do?  Is is it just like Early Learning Centre
- a just above average toy shop.  Are lots of people rummiging to fill tubs
of LEGO, are the staff keen to talk to find out what people think about
LEGO.  Just before the launch I asked them if they wanted help in organising
some big (say a train event) they said they were all organised.  But I
haven't heard of anthing exciting happening.

Regards,

David

I popped in yesterday when I was up in MK looking at the house I intend to
buy (no I'm not moving because of the shop, though it is an excellent extra
benefit).  It was indeed full of children and there were several staff who
were very keen to talk to prospective buyers.  There was a young chap
demonstrating Spybotics sets which children seemed keen on playing with
(though I don't think the sets are that great).  It was quite full and the
bulk bricks were attracting a lot of "Oh that's a good idea" as well as a
fair few sales.

Though enthusiastic the staff couldn't answer my questions but then that's
no different to Dixons, I always seem to know more about the product than
the sales staff!  I think they could do with a little more display space and
a shade more 'Lego-knowledge' among the staff.

Rest assured I intend to strike up a relationship with the store starting in
the new year if the move goes through.  I'm sure there's scope for us to do
something there.

Psi