 Local / United Kingdom / 8828
Re: Lego Shop MK
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 12:08:32 GMT

Popped in there yesterday (just driving up the M1, saw the signs and
decided it would be a good way to avoid rush hour).  On the practicalities
front, I recall someone giving directions, but I can't find it now, so
I'll repeat them - head for Centre:MK shops.  It's in the northern end
thereof - completely opposite to John Lewis.  16,000 free car parking
spaces were claimed, but I couldn't find a single one!  I ended up paying,
although the charges are reasonable - 80p/hour, which I reckon I saved in
petrol hanging around for a space.

Stocks - as people have said before - most of the train sets (only the
large My Own Train + tender kit), guarded inns and blacksmiths aplenty,
fairly average prices, Pizza to Go was at the more realistic price of £12
(S@H £15).

Bricks - as before, with no lime green 2x4s left, but 1x2s in light
yellow, 1x4s in tan, 1x4s in light blue, no 1x4x2 fences left, didn't see
any bushes, but some 2x2 black windows (without glass).  As for how many
you get in a pot - I got a smidge over 400g in an £11 pot by picking
carefully and using the slopes to fill awkward gaps.  Do press the bricks
together to make them take less room!

The staff also said that they get new bricks in several times a week, so
new bricks may appear.  I don't think we can expect concave 45 degree sand
green slopes in any time soon, but I'll certainly call in next time I
pass.  Thankfully for my wallet that won't be for some time!  Now...
should I buy Yoda at my local toy shop's price of £69?

Alastair