 Local / United Kingdom / 8824
Re: WOW - Lego Modelmamking Experience.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sun, 8 Dec 2002 23:46:24 GMT

Tony Priestman <tony@you-rang.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
news:H6tnEv.KoD@lugnet.com...

in reference to;
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=227209 to

I think I did :-)
After thinking about this part for months, I have a pretty good idea
of what it can be:
    a 1*3 arch brick. Stud in the middle, rounded shape.

http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/4490

I'm not fully certain, but I might not be far from the truth.

Got it in one!

(checks stash)

I think you're right. The walls of the '1x1' on each side should be
complete, but there are square edges on the curved bit in the middle, • which
you wouldn't expect if the plastic had just 'run out'.

Tony

The walls of the 1x1's on each side are those of the 1x1's on each side -
not the walls of the centre 1x1. As such they are a wall thickness further
from the injection point than the arched walls - which are almost complete,
but not quite as square as they should be. In fact, the most complete areas
are the part/mould numbers; 4490, 9, 03 which are strangely missing from the
comparason part I dug out of my stash for this post.
Further support for the plastic 'run out' theory would be the visible flow
lines on pretty much all of the surfaces of the part.

Now Gael, will you accept a malformed lump of plastic as your prize, or
should I dig out a small set to send to you?

(Duckie) Dave Till