 Local / United Kingdom / 8653
Re: Piece by piece
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 18:43:11 GMT

I'd like to make one last plea for photographs of the event. The deadline
for the Croydon Advertiser is tomorrow morning - all I have on file is some
older pics from past events. Can anyone help out?

Craig.

In lugnet.loc.uk, Nathaniel Cross writes:
Definitely. Thanks Craig for organising a really good event. The location
was particularly well scouted.
Nathaniel

In lugnet.loc.uk, Peter Reid writes:
Hello,
I just want to thank Craig for organising such a great fest. It was my first
time displaying properly and I couldn't have done it without the help of the
Stevens clan. The public were actually really nice, and I had no worries at
all having some of my more delicate items on display. Thanks to Steve, who
helped me get sorted, and to the train heads for dealing with the track
while I was busy. The central display was excellent considering the lack of
forward planning, and once again the usual suspects brought some lovely bits
(as did William - the monorail king). Who did the pub with the complicated
roof? Was it Simon? Lovely, that was...
I was having a fag when the Lego rep showed, so missed most of that (any
news?). I'm also curious to see if the journalist will do a report, did she
take any pictures?
The only thing I regret doing is inviting all my non AFOL friends, who only
managed to huddle fearfully while we did our thing. They simply don't get
it, and I pity them.
See you all saturday.
Pete