 Local / United Kingdom / 8611
Re: RLD questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 19:30:32 GMT

On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Richard Tysoe wrote:

I suppose the only thing left is to ask what exactly you get in the kilo of
bricks

You get to choose them from literally over 100kg in large boxes.  What is
there depends on what they randomly put in.  Most bricks are there -
somewhere - but the ones you want could be available in the other session.
You might get the chance to pick a few bricks from LEGO heaven, but
whether they'll take you there again is another matter - I think we were a
little too enthusiastic last time.

I've just got my photos back from last time - only a couple - Helen
holding the LEGO Bagpuss:
http://www-users.york.ac.uk/~acd114/lego/bagpuss.jpg

and when hobbies collide: David Bryce (a Scottish architect I'm
researching) in LEGO at Blair Castle:
http://www-users.york.ac.uk/~acd114/lego/blair.jpg

I plan a more typical Bryce house at minifig scale soon...

Incidentally, for those of you going on the forthcoming RLD weekend, Helen
and I used our free tickets on Monday, so here's what they had in stock
you might be interested in buying.  In the Big Shop were plenty of Santa
Fe trains at £27, and both carriages at £25.  I gave in and bought one of
10022.  Also lots of all the new Harry Potter sets.  No spectacular
bargains that I could see.

The MyTown shop had plenty of the Black Falcon's castle, newly reissued as
10039, for £30.  Also all the MyTrain sets, and a few bulk brick packs at
S@H prices: 2x4 bricks in black and sand red, train doors in blue, 2x2
white windows, and 4x5 black/clear windows.  So if you don't get what
you're after, you might find it...

Alastair