 Local / United Kingdom / 8602
Re: RLD questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 12:45:06 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Richard Tysoe writes:
After visiting LLW on friday, I'm thinking of booking one as a gift for a
friend (Ok, and for me as well ;-)) and was wondering if those here who've
attended could answer a couple of questions...

What kind of form do the sessions take? what exactly do you get to build?

I know a lot of people have been and are going again (which is always a sign
that it's good), but I was wondering about the details of it...

Hello Richard.

While excellent and highly recommended I think the format of the session is
actually a little different from the way the RLD blurb describes it.  Each
of the times I have attended we have not actually built anything, I think
mainly because the LLW people realised that we were a group of 'master
builders' who could learn little in the time and that most of us were there
mainly for the bricks.  Perhaps someone who attended the June sessions may
be able to confirm this was true of those also.

What happens is you get led to the Mansion where Guy and Paula (Chief
Modelmaker and one of the Assistant Modelmakers) give a talk on the way they
think up, design and build models for the park.  Then you get a tour of the
park showing the various models, and last time a look behind the scenes at
the control systems.  After that a visit to the model shop and a quick look
around the room in which Guy stores all the bricks they use.  Lastly back to
the Mansion for a dig through the bricks they have put aside for us to take
away in our 'kilo'.

I hope this helps, others may be able to add to this.

Simon