 Local / United Kingdom / 8563
Re: Sept/Oct LEGO Magazine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 18:11:39 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, David Graham writes:
I received my September/October LEGO club magazine today and I am amazed at
how rude the replies are to the letters that children have written.
If children take the trouble to write they could at least be given a
courteous reply.

Two examples from the last two magazines:

Q Could you please give me a list of all the retired LEGO sets..?
A .. as you might know, retired LEGO sets go to Southern Europe, where the
sit on the beach....

They could at least have said the list is too long to print, or given a list
of past themes.
It would be too much for them to mention other web sites that give the
information.

Q How many kids are in the LEGO club?
A Well lets see... there's you... and me... and those people over there...

If the answer is confidential do not even bother to print the question.

These Q and As were also seen in the latest issue of the magazine we get in
the states as well...

I agree with your assessment, David, except that I'm not sure that just
ignoring questions is good. Better to answer them but, if the info can't be
given, say so, don't give flip answers. Kids are smarter than some adults
realise, my son rolled his eyes and said "why are they doing this"...