 Local / United Kingdom / 843
842  |  844
Subject:
Beatties bargain!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sat, 19 Jun 1999 17:58:06 GMT

Hiya

Beatties in Winchester is now selling Znap set 3552 for £5.98!!

This set includes a Technic 8735-style motor, small PP3/LR61-type battery
box and connector and is now less than half the price of an individual motor
from the Lego spares service!! OK so you get a bunch of useless Znap bits
that you have to carry around but that's a real bargain for the motors alone
and I'm probably going to buy the rest of them!

I also noticed that Beatties now have a dedicated Lego mail order service!
They have an A5 size leaflet which lists a reasonable amount of sets (far
more than at any store, anyway) at 'standard' prices. Unfortunately P&P is
10% of the order price or a flat £5 for £50+ orders (which probably isn't
unreasonable). I wonder if they've introduced this because of all the posts
in RTL asking why Shop@Home isn't available in the UK...

--
Colin
numbersix@freshfroot.freeserve.co.uk