 Local / United Kingdom / 8348
Re: Gap in UK event calendar
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Sat, 6 Jul 2002 16:52:00 GMT

In article <GysLyr.C08@lugnet.com>, hmillington@btinternet.com (Huw
Millington) wrote:

I was sorry to learn that Lawrence won't be holding a TVLF this year.
This
means we have a gap in our calendar.

Does anyone have any ideas for an event in September? I think it needs
to be
a 'hall' job, preferably somewhere in the southern half of the country
maximise potential attendees.

Personally, I could arrange to use a room at the leisure centre where my
wife works in East Grinstead, but it is not that big, I estimate 1/2 the
size of the TVLF hall, and without the extra rooms. Also, it would have
be a Sunday because it is used by the football team Saturday afternoons
:-)

Perhaps the UKLC will have been formed by then and can arrange
something as
their first task :-)

Huw

Erm, how about Southport.
It could be hall job and a very nice hall it is too now it has been
decorated and carpeted.
I usually invite Joe public for Saturday and refreshments are now
legendary.
I could sort accomodation for those coming from the deep south in their
Lexus's and 4Wheel Drivers.
If there is enough interest I will set to it.......

Michael Pratt