 Local / United Kingdom / 8346
Re: Gap in UK event calendar
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 20:48:11 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Huw Millington writes:
I was sorry to learn that Lawrence won't be holding a TVLF this year. This
means we have a gap in our calendar.

Does anyone have any ideas for an event in September? I think it needs to be
a 'hall' job, preferably somewhere in the southern half of the country to
maximise potential attendees.

Personally, I could arrange to use a room at the leisure centre where my
wife works in East Grinstead, but it is not that big, I estimate 1/2 the
size of the TVLF hall, and without the extra rooms. Also, it would have to
be a Sunday because it is used by the football team Saturday afternoons :-)

Perhaps the UKLC will have been formed by then and can arrange something as
their first task :-)

Huw

I agree Huw, although I could not make the last few shows in the South I was
looking forward to this one.

I would suggest that it is best organised locally - this will of course mean
that someone has to take the initiative - arrangements need to be in place
before the timetabled UKLC formatuion in anycase.

Firstly, may I suggest that we agree the best weekend for maximum attendance?
Preferences please, for September:
7th & 8th
14th & 15th
21st & 22nd
28th & 29th

I'm OK for any of the above. If Huw's suggested venue is too small, are
there any other takers out there for organising something?

Jon