 Local / United Kingdom / 8335
8334  |  8336
Subject:
New Lego Studio sets....the good and the bad.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 21:54:12 GMT

Just purchased two of the new Studio sets 1383 Curse of the Pharaoh and 1380
Werewolf Ambush.

THE GOOD
The mummy mini-fig from 1383 is one neat little figure!!!  And the evil
skull glows in the dark....great for those demon characters.  All the
minifigs from 1380 are cool (apart from faults mentioned below) especially
the werewolf.  1380 is also a good sorce for brown arches and various brown
bricks, particularly tiles.  Love the eye bricks for the tree.

THE BAD
The car from 1380 kina sucks design wise.  There could have been two more
brown arches to the tree more "tree" like.  No decent foliage either...they
used that sucky foliage from the Ninja sets.

THE REALLY BAD (i.e. it sucks)
The skeleton body from 1383 was badly yellowed.  Something you'd expect from
second-hand Lego and not MISB Lego.  The swarve dude in the suit from 1380
was totally misprinted....no shirt color (white) or tie color (red) on his
torso.  Worst of all, one of the 1x2 inverted slopes was broken (one side
was squashed in and badly stressed) as if trodden on heavily.

What the hell has happened to Lego's quality control?  I am increasingly
getting more and more faulty parts with every new Lego set I buy.  Did I
mention that Zam Wissel's head from xxxx Bounty Hunter Pursiut I got
recently was badly misprinted (face vail color was printed over the eyes and
not the vail area).  Looks like Lego Consumer Service is going to get a
stinking phone call from me soon!!!

Steffan