 Local / United Kingdom / 8330
    Re: UK gets a raw deal again —Grahame Reid
   (...) And currently in New Zealand, 59.99 USD = 122.98 NZD whereas LEGO want 149.95 NZD for the Gigamesh G60. So it's not so bad here, but it is still about 22 percent more than the US price. Grahame (22 years ago, 1-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.lego.direct)

        Re: UK gets a raw deal again —John Herre
   The value of the US dollar had been falling the last several months - the pound has gained about 20% to 25% against the dollar recently. LEGO may not have planned on that when determining the prices. Also, isn't tax already included in the UK (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.uk)

        Re: UK gets a raw deal again —John Herre
   (...) Oops - sorry about that - I should check how recent things are before posting and not rely on my memory. The dollar has only dropped about 8% against the pound in the last few months, which doesn't cover that much of a difference. The Euro, on (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.uk)