 Local / United Kingdom / 83
82  |  84
Subject:
TRU availability/price report:Hayes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 21:43:15 GMT

Went to the Hayes(near Heathrow) TRU on my lunchbreak.
They now have all sets, except any Mindstorms Expansion kits!
And only one MIS at that! They Cybermaster box is indeed
cardboard, designed to look metal. Bloody cheek!

The ridiculously over-priced brick boxes are all now 2 pounds
cheaper, but **still** ridiculously overpriced, just a little
less so!

No noticeable big set sales. They still have a couple of WW
sets at the entrance for 25 quid, but are going slowly. The
only other thing on sale that I had noticed was the big
Explorien Spaceship, which was 50 quid, still 20 quid more
than the Entertainer and 15 more than Child's Toys (Entertainer
is in the South Bucks/Berkshire/Southampton area, Child's is
High Wycombe area specific). And there was the little red
multi-model technic set, reduced from 16!quid to just under a
tenner.

There are actually a couple of old, puny freestyle boxes lying
around on the shelves, but at full price. (By puny, read less
than 50 pieces). And, one Spyrius base set, still there and
likely to stay there with its full price in the 30 pound range!
(The one that is all CRAPP'S & BURP'S).

Of possible interest to some would be the availability of
8 Football stadium starter sets, still at full price of 15.99.
No other Stadium sets at all, even the Riot squad, which was
in abundance when I last looked a couple of months ago!

I hope to pop 'round to Legoland on Saturday, as the shop is
open until Christmas. Hopefully there might be something there
of interest! But that seems unlikely, as it seems to be the habit
of Euro Lego bosses to ship all of the older, unsold sets to the
states!!!!!!!!!!

richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net               remove nospam dot
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888                  ICQ 13177071
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/