 Local / United Kingdom / 8204
Re: NBLTC meeting (was Re: I'm back / Where is everybody?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 29 May 2002 21:13:00 GMT

After much degree-level calculus and 24/7 abacus sessions, I am pleased to
announce that the improbability is now 0% (divided by the number you first
thought of) and the first NBLTC show is confirmed for Saturday 29th June.

We are assembling a layout of at least 6 modules (over 10ft x 6ft) with
possibility for more - please feel welcome to 'bring a module'. The venue is
my daughters' school, St. Wilfrid's in Northwich, and will be part of the
Summer Fair so it will be packed with families. Kick-off usually about 1pm
but we have the whole morning to set-up.

One question I would appreciate an answer to : Is there an easy way to limit
the voltage output of the LEGO train controller WITHOUT modifying the unit
in any way? I am going to try using a reduced input voltage (6v?) but any
suggestions most welcome - we will be raising money for the school by
charging the kids for a driving session hence the request.*

Please email me if you need further details scorch@tinyworld.co.uk and I'll
keep you informed of progress/info. I guess we had better start building!

* Actually, we have had a double motored class 37 with 6 coaches running
unattended on maximum voltage. It did derail after about 10 minutes, but
this was due to a coupling failure rather than a steady excessive speed.
There is also the possiblility of someone, particularly a small child, being
injured by a 'co-co in the face' if this is left unchecked.

In lugnet.loc.uk, Simon Bennett writes:
In lugnet.loc.uk, Jonathan Reynolds writes:
NBLTC is alive and kicking, first show 90% likely for 29th June 2002.

Jon Reynolds
(Ex Suvverner)

When the improbability of the show reaches 0% let me know and I'll add it to
the sidebar.

Psi