 Local / United Kingdom / 8097
Re: Red Baron
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 8 May 2002 15:22:50 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Lawrence Wilkes writes:

"Mark Calladine" <mark.calladine@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.loc.uk, Paul Cook writes:
Wow! I don't know if anyone else has noticed but the Red Baron • triplane
scale model is listed as 'available now' in the sculptures section of
shop.lego.com:

http://shop.lego.com/leaf.asp?Type=1&Brand=7&SubBrand=2

Also the new Lego Studios monster sets are available.

Yeah, it's been there a while now.
Mine's sat on top of the telly as I type this, and all I can say is • it's
another triumph for Lego Direct.
I was pretty impressed with the Sopwith Camel but the Fokker takes it • to the
next level. As well as the use of the newish 12 x 3 slopes it also has
movable rudder and elevators, with ailerons on the top wing.
It seem altogether more solid than the Camel as well, I can actually • pick it
up without worrying about the wings falling off!
Interestingly I can't see anywhere that it's refered to as a Fokker • DR1
except  the sticker on the fuselage which says DR1 141/17, although • that's
what it's obviously meant to be.
Either Lego thought there would be more interest in calling it a Red • Baron
or they were trying to avoid Stan Boardman type incidents of little • Johnny
screaming round the living room shouting about shooting the Fokker • down.

Or jokes about this Fokker being a Messerschmidt :-)

I always thought "Fokker" referred to the person flying the Messerschmidt ;)

See:
http://www.yoonee.com/asppages/jokes/Disp_Individual_Joke.asp?ID=36

Scott A

=+=
Have you inspected Arthur’s Seat yet?
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=scotta

"A reasonable man adapts himself to suit his environment. An unreasonable
man persists in attempting to adapt his environment to suit himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man." (GBS)
=+=

lawrence