 Local / United Kingdom / 8095
Re: Red Baron
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Wed, 8 May 2002 14:11:24 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Paul Cook writes:
Wow! I don't know if anyone else has noticed but the Red Baron triplane
scale model is listed as 'available now' in the sculptures section of
shop.lego.com:

http://shop.lego.com/leaf.asp?Type=1&Brand=7&SubBrand=2

Also the new Lego Studios monster sets are available.

Yeah, it's been there a while now.
Mine's sat on top of the telly as I type this, and all I can say is it's
another triumph for Lego Direct.
I was pretty impressed with the Sopwith Camel but the Fokker takes it to the
next level. As well as the use of the newish 12 x 3 slopes it also has
movable rudder and elevators, with ailerons on the top wing.
It seem altogether more solid than the Camel as well, I can actually pick it
up without worrying about the wings falling off!
Interestingly I can't see anywhere that it's refered to as a Fokker DR1
except  the sticker on the fuselage which says DR1 141/17, although that's
what it's obviously meant to be.
Either Lego thought there would be more interest in calling it a Red Baron
or they were trying to avoid Stan Boardman type incidents of little Johnny
screaming round the living room shouting about shooting the Fokker down.

Cheers
Mark