 Local / United Kingdom / 7912
Re: A Brilliant 'Red Letter' day had by all...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 19:52:53 GMT

I'd like to add my thanks to Jon and all others involved in setting up
Sunday, (I didn't attend on Saturday). Also to Guy and Paula, who were
brilliant hosts and very informative and trusting....

I'd also like to add that this demonstrated a huge amount of community
and trust. Jon took it on trust that I would pay for my ticket and I
sent a cheque to a stranger. Additionally I was invited as a stranger to
Jon to stay at his house. Even as not one of the "known" names I felt
part of a real community.

Looking forward to going again....

Mark Palmer

"Jonathan Reynolds" <scorch@tinyworld.co.uk> wrote in message
Well, I've just got home and have to say a very big 'thank you' to • Paula and
Guy for such a fantastic day - looked like they enjoyed it almost as • much as
we did (hope this is the case).

Also a very big 'thank you' to Jon H for organising the trip and • offering
general hospitality (sorry I missed out on Saturday). Not sure who was
responsible for the negotiated deal at the Lego Shop(s), but well done • that man.

We all know what the highlight of the tour was - I just can't imagine • it
would happen that way again....

It was also good to demonstrate to my accompanying friend (Brendan • Gash)
that my obsession was quite tame compared to some others.

Jon
(A very happy chappy)