 Local / United Kingdom / 7863
Re: Are you going to tell them or am I?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 09:43:36 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Jason J. Railton writes:
Has anyone else noticed that the latest UK edition of the Lego
Club Magazine features Mega-Bloks?
Look on the page of readers' models, and in the bottom-left is a
picture of Mega-Bloks' mid-blue/yellow/trans-luminous-ish-yellow
"9743 Pro Builder® Blue Thunder", their take on the F/A-18 Hornet
of the US Navy's Blue Angels Display Team.

In lugnet.loc.uk, Jon Palmer writes:
This isn't the first time this has happened.

http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=25129

Apparantly they either did not know or did not solve the problem.  I can't
believe they would let this happen (twice).  Displaying a real model as a
reader's model is bad enough but not even noticing its a Mega Blok model is
nuts.

That's shocking.  I'm speculating now, but I wonder how many pictures of
kids with genuine LEGO COTS models actually get sent in to the magazine and
get filtered out?  I mean, would you think of sending in a picture of a
known set?  Probably not.  So, could these be deliberate attempts to fool
TLC?  And if so, how far does it go?

I think LEGO needs to be extremely careful here.  So, on these grounds I've
decided not to scan the article.